To conduct an analysis of workplace health and safety issues by undertaking a construction project as a case study.
The purpose of this individual task is to provide a better understanding of workplace health and safety issues and strategies to achieve zero accidents in construction projects. Using a case study of a selected construction project (either an actual project or a project from the literature), you are expected to analyse causes of accidents, identify health and safety issues, and develop countermeasures to enhance safety and prevent accidents in construction sites. Students are also expected to conduct a literature review on workplace health and safety in construction. Along with the case study, conducting a literature review will enhance students’ knowledge and understanding of the subject and help to develop a more comprehensive list of issues and countermeasures.
Case Study Identification
Each student needs to identify a suitable and real construction project as a case study. The project can be an ongoing project or completed one. The project can be a building project, infrastructure project, or any other type of construction projects. Students should have a reasonable level of access to the case study so they will be able to collect sufficient information to complete the requirements of this assignment. Example of materials students have to have access to include, but not limited to:
• Project overview
• Project design and drawings
• Specifications and construction method
• Site layout plan
• Work health and safety plans and documents (if any)
Students who have difficulty to find a suitable construction project may use a hypothetical case study or use extensive literature review instead. The literature review should cover different and high-quality journal papers to answer the assignment requirements.
• Explain health and safety issues in the construction site (from the case study or literature review).
• Identify construction injuries, hazards and risks that may occur during construction stage (from the case study or literature review).
• Propose a classification of injuries and hazards in construction sites (e.g. based on causes, based on building components, etc.).
• Develop a method to manage injuries and hazards (controlling, prevention, and minimization).
Report Format: A formal written report prepared in PDF format or any other accepted format for similarity check and evaluation. The report includes the following components:
• Introduction (background and definition of main concepts).
• Overview of the project (if the literature review is used then replace this with an extensive background of the topic).
• Health and safety issues identification.
• Classification of issues.
• Countermeasures (management/control) of issues.
My Assignment Help
18 Spring St, East Melbourne VIC 3002, Australia
Copyright © 2009 My Assignment Help - All Rights Reserved.
Note: Assignment provided serve as reference paper